Oasis-3 Portable Solar Powered Water Purification System
The Oasis-3 water purification system is designed to rapidly provide clean, safe drinking water anywhere in the world.
The Oasis-3 can produce 2 gallons (7.5 litres) of potable water every minute, or up to 2,880 gallons (10,900 litres) per day using a comprehensive 5-stage filtration process.
The Oasis-3 is a robust, portable, self-contained, solar-powered water purification unit that works by pumping water from a lake, river, stream or virtually any other fresh water source, and passing it through a series of filters to remove sediment, protozoa and chemicals, and kill bacteria and viruses.
Following a disaster, access to clean, safe water for drinking, cooking and cleaning is vital where normal supplies have been disrupted or destroyed. Without access to clean water, people are exposed to an increased risk of communicable diseases such as diarrhea, hepatitis, leptospirosis, and cholera. Based on the SPHERE Minimum Standard of 15 litres per person per day, the Oasis-3 can easily provide enough clean water for about 550 disaster victims.
Designed and manufactured by AidGear in Colorado, USA, the Oasis-3 contains everything needed to sustain operations, including the water pump, military-grade foldable solar panel, hoses, spare filters, fittings and fixtures. Each unit is manufactured from 80% American made parts and sold with a 1-year warranty and technical support.
How It Works...
Water is pumped from virtually any fresh water source including streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, wells, and flood water. A series of filters are used to produce safe, clean, drinking water:
- Inlet screen - A coarse metal screen removes large debris such as rocks, leaves and other objects.
- Filter #1 - A washable 80-mesh (177 micron) screen protects the pump by removing coarse sediment including sand and organic material.
- Filter #2 - 5 micron sediment filter removes fine suspended particulates such as sand, mud and other suspended solids.
- Filter #3 - A choice of 0.2, 0.45, or 1 micron "absolute rated" membrane filter removes fine sediment, hair, dust, viruses, bacteria, protozoa and spores.
- Filter #4 - 10 micron activated carbon filter removes chemicals, tastes and odors.
- Filter #5 - Ultraviolet (UV) light scrambles the DNA of bacteria and viruses rendering 99.99% of them sterile.
- Completely self-contained
- Less than 5 minutes setup
- Hoses and filters are easily replaced
- Complete system weighs less than 75 lbs
- Field serviceable using common hand tools
- Available in multiple configurations
- Up to 11 ft (3.3 m) lift
- US designed and built to our own specifications
- Replacements are available
- Can be operated as a standalone component
- 12V DC internal rechargeable battery
- 11-36V external DC
- 80-260V AC 50/60 Hz
- Automatically switch between internal and external power sources
- 3-10 year service life
- Can be stored 2 years on a full charge
- Will not corrode or leak
- 27 minutes reserve capacity
- Air transportable
- No sudden failure
- Lighter than most similar batteries
- Robust and compact
- Foldable and lightweight fits inside case
- Built to military specifications
- 0.2 micron filter removes most bacteria and large viruses
- No chemicals required
- Filters are easily replaced and readily available
- Pressure gauge indicates time for filter change
- Can be operated without internal pump (i.e. using external water pressure)
- Pelican™ case is rugged and watertight
- Two padlockable hasps
- In-line wheels
- Telescoping handle
- 3 soft-grip carry handles
- No external hose fittings or gauges to break or attract attention
- More space for extra filters if needed
- Robust and solid
- Custom built aluminum internal frame
- Fully tested
- Made in USA from a majority of USA parts
- Use 12V DC outlet to charge cell phones, run LED lighting, or power radio equipment
- Use internal battery charger for car battery if needed
What It Includes...
- 10 ft reinforced hose with inlet strainer and quick connect couplings
- High-efficiency, custom-specification water pump
- 5-stage filter unit mounted on a sturdy frame
- Foldable solar panel with charge controller
- 10 ft discharge hose with quick connect couplings
- Robust "Pelican" case
- Complete set of filters:
- 8 x 5-micron sediment filters
- 3 x 1-micron membrane filters
- 1 x 0.45-micron membrane filter
- 1 x 0.2-micron membrane filter
- 3 x 10-micron activated carbon filters
- 2 x U.V. bulbs
- 2 x U.V. quartz sleeves
- Maintenance and care kit
- Comprehensive operations and field-maintenance manual on CD-ROM
- Available in multiple configurations
|Maximum flow rate||3 gallons / minute (11.35 litres)|
|Total dry weight||Not more than 75 lbs (34 kg) *|
|Dimensions||29 in x 18 in x 10.5 in (74 cm x 46 cm x 27 cm)|
|Power usage||8 amps (typical)|
|Battery type||Drycell AGM, up to 400 cycles at 80% depth of discharge|
|Battery voltage||12V DC|
|Battery capacity||18 Ah (28 Ah option adds 13 lbs / 6 kg)|
|Solar panels||Foldable 60 watts *|
|Smallest filter rating||0.2 micron absolute|
* Details yet to be finalized
Pricing and Availability...
- The Oasis-3 will be available Q2 2017
- Pricing and ordering information